*This post contains affiliate links which means that if you make a purchase through my link I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here.
If you’ve ever thought about starting a blog, there are so many reasons why you should definitely start one.
I started my first blog back in 2004, as a way to showcase my humorous side detailing the funny things that happened in my every day life. I loved doing it, but life sort of got in the way and I eventually let it go. The desire to have a blog again never left me so last March I started up this blog as a way to share my knowledge on travel and on money matters. Because I love writing so much I love having a blog and it has been a joy to spend time working on it.
There are plenty of people starting blogs every single day, and all for various reasons.
Here’s some reasons why YOU should absolutely start a blog this year:
1. It’s fun!
As I mentioned, I love to write so having a blog and dreaming up topics to write about it all part of the fun for me. I love creating content and designing the aspects that go with it – from designing the graphics that go with it to promoting it via social media. It’s been such a fun hobby for me.
2. To Share Information
Most people blog with the intent of sharing information or tips or tricks or hacks or just general knowledge. There’s an aspect of human nature in which we like to share knowledge when we have it and that’s an excellent reason to blog. Myself, I love sharing information on free things to do when traveling to various countries and how we find cost effective things to do when we travel. Since we’ve travelled a lot, I love being able to share these tips with other people.
If you love sharing information you’ve learned, blogging is definitely an excellent way to do this.
3. To Learn More
Since creating my blog, I’ve found that I’e learned so much more about not only the things that I blog about, but about blogging in general. I love the fact that I’ve increased my own knowledge about this because it allows me to expand my own blog as well. I’m a firm believer that the more I learn, the more I can share with my followers as well, and that’s one of the best parts about blogging as well.
4. To Make Friends
In the short time that I’ve been blogging (for real this time) I’ve made several new friends that I wouldn’t have otherwise. Blogging is a global interface in which you can meet people from all over the world and I think it’s certainly one of the biggest perks.
5. To supplement your income
There are plenty of people who blog because there is so much opportunity to make money with it. Whether you are doing sponsored posts for brands/companies, using affiliate links, selling your own products or finding other sources of online income, blogging is a great way to supplement your current income. Before I started blogging in March, I didn’t realize just how much money I could make from blogging, and it’s been a great addition to our household.
- 65 Awesome Blog Post Ideas for Travel Bloggers
- 5 Ways to Slay Your Goals in 2019
- How to Become a Virtual Assistant
- 3 Productivity Tips to Get More Done
- I absolutely love the all new PicMonkey with so many templates and features so I can create all the trendy items I need. I use it for so many of the design elements of my blog and business. From designing social media posts like Pinterest pins and Instagram worthy items, to creating beautiful blog images, PicMonkey has it all. The best part – you can try it out for 7 days absolutely FREE!
- Using Tailwind has been a game changer for my blog. Using it has allowed my blog to grow by leaps and bounds and acquire more followers and frees up precious time because I can schedule my posts like a pro (even though I’m still a newbie) and still have time to get more of what I need to get done accomplished.
- Looking for awesome graphics to use in your projects? I love The Hungry JPEG for endless high quality graphic and font bundles. You can download amazing bundles for a fraction of their retail cost. Plus they have weekly freebies, $1 font specials, and even free fonts. They are by far my fave place to go when on the hunt for items for my blog.
- Bluehost is an excellent hosting company for your blog that allows you to keep your blogging costs to a minimum, especially when starting out. For only $3.95 month you can have your wordpress blog up and running in no time. Their seamless integration makes setting up your blog eazy-peazy in a matter of minutes.
- If you love shopping online then you need to join Ebates so you can start earning cash back on your purchases. I don’t know why I waited so long to get on this bandwagon but lemme tell you, I don’t want you to make the same mistake – so don’t make another online purchase without signup up for Ebates. (Canadian Ebates site and American Ebates site.) It’s totally FREE and if you sign up, you will get $10 as a bonus once you place your first order for $25 or more. Isn’t that incentive enough? Yah, I thought so.
Ciao for now…