Summer is high time for entertaining at our house… with the BBQ going, the drinks, and the pool all in full swing. So with all the festive moods at this time of year, it’s only right that I break out my favorite drink recipes.
These are my fave drinks to have during the summer months and can either be served as is, or with a splash of your fave alcohol, believe me, I’ve done both!
Sparkling Peach Iced Tea
Peach iced tea is one of my fave summer drinks anyway so adding some fizz makes it even more fun.
• Peach iced tea mix (frozen, dry, or ready-to-drink)
• Cold water as per mix instructions
• 1 bottle club soda or ginger ale soda
• 1 peach cut into slices (garnish)
• 1 lemon cut into slices (garnish)
• Blueberries (garnish)
*Goes awesome with fruit flavored liqueur.
Deep Blue Sea
This one is great if you are having a family shin-dig with kids over as well.
• 2 cans of lemon-lime soda
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon coconut extract
• 3 drops blue food coloring
*Goes well with coconut rum or any liqueur of your choice.
What is better than watermelon on a hot summer day? Easy, this watermelon lemonade!
• 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon, chilled and blended into a puree
• 4 cups cold water
• 3/4 cup fresh strained lemon juice, chilled
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar (more or less to taste)
• Fresh mint for serving
Mix water, lemon juice and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Add watermelon puree and ice. Garnish with fresh mint.
*Goes great with any plain vodka or rum.
Classy Shirley Temple
Who says Shirley Temple’s are just for kids? Not me – I love this as is, or with my fave alcohol if we’re hosting a party.
• 1 bottle lemon-lime or ginger ale soda
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 1/4 ounces grenadine
• Maraschino cherries/strawberries/lime for garnish
*Goes well with just about any kind of liqueur.
Tropical infusion Lemonade
This delicious drink is awesome on its own but also goes great with coconut rum for a real tropical feel.
• 1 container of pre-made lemonade
• 2 6-ounce cans pineapple juice
• 1 12-ounce can apricot nectar
• 2 cans ginger ale
• Lemon slices/strawberries (to garnish)
*Goes well with vodka, rum or your fave tropical infused liqueur.
This is one of my favorite drinks to make when sitting around the pool on a hot day.
• 2 cups orange juice
• 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
• 2 Tablespoons lime juice
• 1 can lemon-lime soda
• Fresh raspberries and blueberries
Want a printed version of these awesome summer drinks? Sign up for the members area and get these super cute printable recipe cards for free. (And hey, I’m all about FREE!)
Ciao for now…