Crepes are one of my favorite “French” things. So enjoying a delicious crepe takes me instantly back to Paris… sitting on a bench at Trocadero, staring at the Eiffel Tower and enjoying a fresh Nutella crepe in the warm summer sun. Ahhh … bliss!
It’s no wonder that I wanted to have them at home too. I’ve had this awesome recipe for years now and while I have no idea where I snagged it from, I think it may have been from a cookbook I borrowed from the local library back about 8 years ago.
I can promise you this, they are delicious… and so easy to make you will want to make them weekly – and why not? They are perfect for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dessert.
The only problem you will have is deciding what to put on top of them.
Best Ever Easy French Crepe Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I use skim, but you can use what you like)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top.
2. Using a nonstick pan over medium heat lightly coat pan with butter. Add 1/3 cup batter and swirl the skillet to completely cover bottom.
3. Cook until underside of crepe is golden ( about 2 to 3 minutes).
4. Loosen the edges of the crepe with a rubber spatula, then gently and quickly flip the crepe to finish cooking the other side – roughly 1 minute .
5. Remove the crepe out of pan by sliding it out and repeating with the remaining batter. Feel free to coat the pan with butter as required.
6. Add your favorite filling/toppings such as Nutella, fruit puree, jam, powdered sugar, fresh fruit, whipped cream, maple syrup, etc. The possibilities are endless and of course, absolutely delicious!
Ciao for now…